Pregnancy can be a confusing time. Feelings of joy and excitement may be mixed with feelings of anxiety about your ability to look after a new baby. Throw in varying hormonal levels, dealing with family, friends, colleagues and stress levels can rise.
Carrying a baby inside you changes your centre of gravity and puts a lot of stress on your back, neck, shoulder and abdominal muscles. Sciatic nerve pain is often experienced by many women in late pregnancy as the uterus rests on muscles of the pelvic floor and lower back. The pressure of the uterus spreads tension to the muscles of the upper and lower leg, causing them to swell and put pressure on nearby nerves. All this can result in discomfort due to muscle cramps in the calves, sciatica, lower backache, tight neck and shoulders.
Massage during pregnancy can be beneficial in promoting relaxation, soothing jangled nerves and relieving an aching back, shoulders, legs and feet.
It can instil a feeling of well-being not only in the mother but also the unborn child. Babies born to women who have received regular massage during their pregnancy are often more settled and relaxed.
Why not nurture yourself by treating yourself to a regular pregnancy massage. Take some time out to look after yourself in a quiet space and be enveloped in the smell of essential oils that have been especially selected for you.
BENEFITS OF PREGNANCY MASSAGE
• Relieves physical and emotional tension
• Helps reduce leg cramps and swelling in the legs.
• Helps to reduce anxiety.
• Helps to prevent insomnia
• Reduces neck, shoulder and back and sciatic pain
• Soothes the nervous system
• Regular massages during pregnancy can shorten labour time
• Helps to reduce stress and headaches,
• Helps promote more restful sleep decreasing pregnancy related insomnia.
• Provides emotional support through nurturing, gentle touch
• Helps improve labour outcomes and newborn health
TREATMENT LENGTH AND COST
$90 for 1 hour